Our Crown College Students Will...
The mission of Crown College is to train men and women to follow the Lord Jesus Christ and to equip them to fulfill His purpose by providing education in which Christ is preeminent, and where the highest academics are united with ministry application for the sole purpose of glorifying the Lord Jesus Christ. This mission continues as graduates of Crown College train others.
1. Crown College students will know that the call of God on their lives is a call to follow Christ.
2. Crown College students will understand that the Christian life is a holy life and that the Word of God teaches we should be separated unto the Lord and separated from the world.
3. Crown College students will be trained in the work of personal soul winning and will be engaged in bringing people to Jesus Christ.
4. Crown College students will have a strong conviction that the harvest field is the world and that God’s plan is to go into all the world with the gospel.
5. Crown College students will recognize that it is the responsibility of every Christian to be actively involved in obeying the Great Commission by winning souls to Christ and establishing local New Testament churches.
6. Crown College students will respect and appreciate men and women of the past who have served the Lord faithfully and have lived holy lives, handing down to us a great Christian heritage.
7. Crown College students will know that the will of God settles everything in life.
8. Crown College students will develop a desire to be directed by the Holy Spirit, through the Word of God, and with godly counsel to make Christ-honoring decisions.
9. Crown College students will understand that no two Christians have the same ability or the same opportunity, but that every Christian must meet Christ at His judgment seat with what he has done with his ability and opportunity.
10. Crown College students will seek to walk with God each day and live a holy life.
11. Crown College students will enjoy serving the Lord.
12. Crown College students will know they must be ready at any moment for our Lord’s return.
1. Crown College students will obtain a proficiency in Scripture knowledge and an
understanding of how the truths of the Word of God apply to all of life.
2. Crown College students will understand and articulate the dominant subjects of Bible
doctrine and demonstrate an ability to discern truth from error.
3. Crown College students will employ proper methods of interpretation in Bible study and in
4. Crown College students will understand Baptist theology, know the history of Baptist people,
and develop a working knowledge of men and women of the past who have identified with
5. Crown College students will write and speak the English language with clarity and competency.
6. Crown College students will achieve a level of knowledge in general education such as is
consistent with higher education learning and have an understanding that all truth rests
upon the foundation of the truth of the Word of God.
7. Crown College students will possess a level of skill necessary to perform duties proficiently in their selected field of study.
8. Crown College students will gain practical experience in Christian ministry and make the
connection between acquiring knowledge and applying it to life situations.
9. Crown College students will be able to access and use both current and classic resources pertaining to their field of study and necessary for life-long learning.
1. Crown College students will know how to develop friendships and develop a mature and Christ-honoring manner in speaking with people.
2. Crown College students will learn to behave with wisdom and propriety toward members of the opposite sex.
3. Crown College students will highly regard the sacredness of marriage and know how to establish the spiritual foundation that is necessary in a Christian home.
4. Crown College students will fulfill their responsibilities as citizens and know and appreciate the Christian heritage of the United States of America.
5. Crown College students will respect the office of those who hold positions of leadership in both the government and the church, and will learn to pray for those who are in authority.